Sunday, May 14, 2006

Things Change

Things change, they change a lot
Things change, they grow cold they grow hot
And if lookin’ back - that’s all you got…it don’t matter anyway

--Sam Baker

Well tomorrow, today will have become “back in the day” and if there is one thing I know for sure, it is that nothing is ever for sure. So at this ripe old age I am venturing into the vast unknown of a new job. My friend says there is no sense in looking at life through a rearview mirror. My mom always told me not to wish my life away, particularly when I couldn’t wait for tomorrow to come, or this day to be over. What works best for me is usually somewhere in between. I would never trade even one of the days I have had; for better or worse, they are the sum of my existence. But there is change in the air and this time I am going with it. Savor the past and keep moving forward. As long as the light at the end of the tunnel isn’t an oncoming freight train – it will be ok.

5 Comments:

Blogger willi said...

Good Luck with the new job. Keep enjoying each day and keep a positive outlook towards the future.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations again! I'm so proud of you. I love you a bushel and a peck.

9:12 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

...and a hug around the neck!
I love you, too.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best with the new job. Change is good. It takes extra effort because it is new and untried. Work on it as you can and it will be fine.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the new job. With such a positive attitude, you will do well.

Those lyrics, "I love you and a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck", take me back to another time.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home