Thursday, October 05, 2006

Friday's Feast One Hundred and Fourteen


Feed your mind
with thought-provoking,
mind-stimulating questions…

visit Friday's Feast:

a buffet for your brain.




Appetizer

Name a song you know by heart.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.
You make me happy when skies are gray.
You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away!

My mom sang it to me, and I to my daughter.


Soup

What will you absolutely not do in front of another person?

Stick my finger in my nose. See? I can't even say it.

Salad

How often do you use mouthwash and what kind do you like?

I kind of like the new citrus flavored Listerine, but only when I have a sore throat.

Main Course

Finish this sentence: I am embarrassed when...

I am terribly embarrassed when someone recognizes me from back in the day and, for that minute that seems like an eternity, I cannot connect. This always amazes me because my appearance has changed dramatically. How do they know? Last week I attended a meeting in a neighboring school corporation. One of my counterparts took me by the hand to meet her secretary, who she said recognized me from high school. Mind you, this was 33+ years ago. Once again my fear materialized right in front of my eyes. It reminds me of a scene from "Hook", the Peter Pan remake. The little boy is looking deep into an adult Peter Pan's eyes, while holding his face closely, his hands on Pan's cheeks. He is searching for the Pan he remembers from years before. Everyone is quiet. He cocks his head, squints his eyes, and exclaims, "Oh, there you are Peter!" That's what I am looking for, but cannot seem to find fast enough. How embarrassing.

Dessert

What was the last food you craved?

That's easy. Red beans and rice.

18 Comments:

Blogger Nadiah Alwi - Write at Home Mom said...

Know what?

We share the same soup!

:D

11:49 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Your soup and main course is perfect. Mine's up too.

1:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice feast and great main course. :)

Happy Friday. :)

2:54 AM  
Blogger meowminx said...

Lol we have the same soup too!

Mine's served :)

http://www.meowminx.com/babygem

3:59 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

You Are My Sunshine is a important song in my family too. I remember my mom singing the song, and our son, Matt, had a stuffed lion that played the sunshine song. Many times You Are My Sunshine calmed our colicky baby.

6:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo I love red beans and rice! Great feast!

Mines up too.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Great main course....it really bothers me when come up to me and starts telling things they remember from 'our' past and I have NO clue who they are. Just introduce yourself even if you think I should remember you!!!
Come and share my feast.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

Red Beans and Rice ... MMMMMMMMMMMM I LOVE that!

9:18 AM  
Blogger graymama said...

I LOVE that scene from Hook! The emotion behind it always gives me goosebumps.

I am so happy that you serve up a meal, too. They are always delicious :-)

9:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can so relate to your main course! i hate when that happens to me. i feel like i want the earth to swallow me up that very minute. my feast is up! ;)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

Mmmm, red beans and rice!! Much healthier than what I would have chosen (chocolate, natch).
Great list, and Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving! :)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

It's embarrassing to me when someone says, "You don't remember me, do you?" because I feel I should have known the person. Makes me feel bad all day. There must be a more tactful way to say that.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Loved the appetizer. Me thinks of singing that song to my son now.

Come dine with me.

5:36 PM  
Blogger willi said...

Your ARE my sunshine. No really! and it's a good song too.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I just love that cute pic!!!

Song I know by heart, Honky Tonk Woman, the rolling stones.

Soup, I would not eat a raw onion in front of anyone else, can't think ofanything more original, sorry.

Salad, everyday, and I floss, listerine is my brand too.

Main course: I am embarrased when my kids w\show that they can act older than I realy am!

Desert: See my latest blog entry :)

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Mom sang me the Sunshine song too. That made me smile.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh look, you have a new subtle new color change and a beautiful mum profile picture...very nice.

6:00 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

mjd! I've been playing around in hopes of having a "fall look". Did it work?

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home