Sunday, May 21, 2006

Seeing the Big Picture

Realizing that my frustration level is at an all time high, I am reminded how important it is to look for the BIG PICTURE.


My husband, who has this wonderful way of seeing this in me before I do, called me out of the house this evening so that I could see the Iris that has finally popped open today.



And you know what? It worked. I am reminded that there is something bigger than church, work, showers, weddings and any of the other number of things that fill our lives so full we cannot see the BIG PICTURE.

For me to see the BIG PICTURE, sometimes I need to look at the little things in life, wonder in their glory, and remember that ...

God is good all the time.


So here, through the lense of my Mother's Day camera, are the blooming reminders I found outside this evening.



One more for road, the week ahead... God is good all the time!


I can't explain a blessed thing
Not a falling star, or a feathered wing
Or how a man in chains has the strength to sing I'll fly away
Just one thing is clear to me
there's always more than what appears to be
And when the light's just right
I swear I see poetry

....The clouds make rain, the ocean makes sand
The earth breathes fire, and lava makes land
Now that took a mighty hand
And a wild imagination

-Walt Wilkins and Davis Raines

3 Comments:

Blogger willi said...

Beautiful. And this is at Our House! God is good all the time and if we only let our eyes open we can see it all around.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Those are indeed beautiful flowers and great pictures. And those are all growing at your house?

Good point about the BIG PICTURE, I can get carried away looking after details and losing sight of the BIG PICTURE. God is good.

5:59 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Yep,they are at our house. It looks like a veritable jungle but it really isn't. We have been adding a little at time for the last few years and now we are seeing the fruits of our planting. The Iris and Columbine are new bloomers this spring planted last year. My mom planted the Poppies. We have just added a few more this last weekend. It is always affirming to see them survive the cold winter and come into full bloom. You know...the mighty Amen and So be it! Getting dirty hands is such a good thing for us. It brings great clarity to the BIG PICTURE!

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home