Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Forward to pay attention to...IBC

Most e-mails that are forwarded to me end up in the trash. I don't even open them - just hit the big X and move on. This one that was sent to me last week caught my attention and I have not been able to shake it.

The subject line said FW: IBC

This was the message:

Hey All,
I have never heard of this. It is important. Please pass this on to raise awareness about this silent killer.
Kelly

Kelly is a friend of mine and she cared enough about me to send a warning about Inflammatory Breast Cancer. I had never heard of it, nor did three of my friends at work. The clip below warns that cases have been misdiagnosed since they may first appear to be a simple insect bite. It is a fast growing cancer and early diagnosis is extremely important. Often, a tumor cannot be felt, and may not be seen on a mammogram. The diagnosis is based on the results of the biopsy and the doctor's clinical judgment.

If you have not heard about Inflammatory Breast Cancer, please take a minute to watch this clip:

Click here to view the clip that was attached.

If you would like more information, here are some sites to check out...

National Cancer Institute

The Inflammatory Breast Cancer Research Foundation

Inflammatory Breast Cancer Support

As they say in the Forwards...THIS IS TOO IMPORTANT TO DELETE...please read this!

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I did not know this either and usually delete forwards This is important. Let us get the word out.

8:43 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

The sharing of this kind of health information is a very good idea. The network that runs out through this electronic media is very wide spread. Good exchange of healthy text.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home