Thursday, August 17, 2006

Something I would like to have seen...

There was this newspaper article a couple of weeks back about the Pentagon buying Gummi Army Guys from the Albanese Candy Factory in Hobart (Merrillville outlet is a great place to buy candy in bulk) and placing them on the desks of the D.C. politicos prior to a vote, hoping to encourage them to move in the “right” direction.


Today, while visiting the North West Indiana Coalition Against the Iraq War website, I found this little home project to do with children.

What if the Albanese Candy Factory put this little message on the bag of Gummi Army Guys?

4 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

The Merrillville outlet Albanese Candy Factory is a great place to buy candy and nuts.I should be pleased that a local business received some government business, but I will pass on the Gummi Army Guys.

I am definitely pleased that there is North West Indiana Coalition Against the Iraq War and that they have devised a meaningful home project for children.

Bring them home.

5:17 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Actually I was ticked that government money was buying army guys to sway a vote, but as usual you have found a silver lining. I also read on to find out that Albanese was sending cases of the candies to the troops to boost morale. I support our troops. I just want them home. This was in the paper awhile ago, but I couldn't reconcile this in my mind until I saw the project for children. Something about a Gummi representation of boys wearing army clothing, when I can still picture them in front of my desk in school not too awfully long ago, sits wrong with me.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

To answer your original question, What if the Albanese Candy Factory put this little message on the bag of Gummi Army Guys?

That would be a interesting twist. I think that wanting the troops home is supporting them. I think the Martha in your other entry and Cindy Sheehan support the troops in a dramatic way by wanting them to come home safe.

8:11 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

I want our guys to have the very best tools to work with in keeping USA free. However, they are presently over worked around the world. Careful thought and planning needs to happen before our guys go off to war again.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home