Sunday, November 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Sunshine!

Here she is, born 28 years ago today! She was 7 pounds 1.5 ounces, 19 3/4 inches long and the little girl I had dreamed of. There are no traumatic stories with both an easy labor and birth. In fact we pulled the Sunday morning newspaper from the box on the way out of the driveway and by 6:54 a.m. she was born.

Back in the day, we did not have an ultrasound unless the doctor forsaw troubles. I was so thrilled when I found out that I shouted "It's a girl, it's a girl!" The other woman delivering that morning did not have as easy a time as me, evidenced by her notsopleasant screams. When we met each other in the recovery room I asked if she was the one that had the 10 pound baby. She said "Yes...are you the one that had the little girl?"

What a blessing this child has been. Now she is a beautiful young woman with a wonderful husband and a future bright with promise.

And still my sunshine. Happy birthday, Sarah... smile!

11 Comments:

Blogger Swampwitch said...

I just absolutely love this kind of post...Thank you for sharing your precious pictures of her.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Happy Birthday to Sarah...Your lovely daughter has indeed grown to a beautiful woman.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Happy birthday to Sarah. Those pictures are so cute.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

What cute photos! I have some of my daughter, in about the same poses.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

My five year old Sarah was wrapt to see these pics, how cute :) HAppy Birthday from one Sarah Down Under to another Sarah abroad :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

What a joy! Happy Brithday Sarah. May life increase its joys for you.

8:48 PM  
Blogger dilling said...

Happy Birthday
and Happy Birthing Day

10:05 PM  
Blogger katy said...

she is adorable, happy birthday Sarah

1:29 PM  
Blogger graymama said...

Happy Birthday Sarah and gawilli! :-)

3:55 PM  
Blogger debi said...

A wonderful post that warms the heart. Beautiful baby.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Sweet tribute!! My Mom was so certain she was going to have a boy, she didn't even have a name picked out for me when I was born.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home