Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Tag! You're it!

I got tagged by Jay.

* Rules for this tag game are:
-Grab the closest book to you
-Open Page 123
-Scroll down to the 5th sentence
-Post the next 3 sentences on your blog
-Name the book and author
-Tag 3 people

"The teachers of Froebel School set up a soup kitchen so that families could receive food during the Depression. Each day at noon people lined up to receive their pail of food. Under the auspices of the Gary Public Schools, the child welfare department also distributed clothes and other articles needed by poor children."

Gary, A Pictorial History
by James B. Lane and Ronald D. Cohen

I tag...

Graymama
Mamarazzi
Ch3ll3

Here is the picture that went with these sentences:

South Side Soup Kitchen, 1934

I'm going to go count my blessings now...

9 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

I love the picture of the girl right behind the adult. She has attitude.

Hey, I know that book.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't tagged but wanted to participate...

"As soon as we're out on the landing, she says, "Don't tell me to go easy on him, Nina." She looks right at me, into my eyes. "He comes flying in here like Supersperm and we're all supposed to congratulate him."

The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How appropriate for this time of year to make us once again count our blessings.

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, reading about the depression really makes it amazing to think of all the excess and blessings we have now in this country less than a century later.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos from the depression frighten me. I keep thinking that it may happen again.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And still they managed to smile. Incredible !

8:40 AM  
Blogger graymama said...

My Father looked a lot like the boy with the hat standing next to the man.

We do have many, many blessings to be thankful for!

I will post mine tomorrow :-)

6:02 PM  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

Merry merry and happy happy! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family and friends!
xo
Freakazojd

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly, we have so much to be thankful for.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home