Thursday, November 30, 2006

Friday's Feast One Hundred and Twenty

Feed your mind
with thought-provoking,
mind-stimulating questions…

visit Friday's Feast:
a buffet for your brain.

Appetizer
Have you ever flown in a helicopter?
Yes, it had to have been 20 or so years ago. They were giving rides at the county fair. They strapped both of the kids and I in and up we went. It was GREAT fun. I remember there were no doors and it was very loud.

Soup
What color is your warmest coat or jacket?
Black and white tweed.

Salad
What is your favorite rainy day activity?
It has been raining here for two days. When we are stuck inside Willi and I like to play games of all sorts. The last time was Cribbage, but Dominoes is always a favorite. We also found a cool new game called Blokus.

Main Course
Describe your hands.
My hands are finding it harder to do the things they used to do with ease. They want to cut and stitch and craft. I think they are becoming my mother's hands. They are not yet crooked at the joints, but my knuckles seem like they may be a little larger. Sometimes they hurt, especially when the weather is cold. They find great comfort in the warmth of another's hands. I think they can still soothe the troubled brow. They have served me well.

Dessert
If you could eat only one nut for the rest of your life, what nut
would you pick?
I love nuts. I guess it would be pecans. Or cashews. Almonds. I would probably cheat.

Have a great weekend!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great feast! I love playing Cribbage too. And I also like mahjong. I think your main course is right up my alley. My hands feel the same way. :(

I'm up too.

12:17 AM  
Blogger Gattina said...

It is very interesting when people describe their hands ! Reading all this I forgot to mention that mine are getting old !

12:37 AM  
Blogger graymama said...

When Hubby and I lived in Minneapolis, we would often play Dominoes with our friends on Friday nights. I just love the basic games!

Your hands sound like my gramms' hands :-) I sure do miss holding her hands, cuddling in bed and falling into a deep sleep when my parents were out of town.

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely feast, i love playing games too! just be sure to do gentle excerise with your hands

3:46 AM  
Blogger Wystful1 said...

Okay, so what exactly is the game Blokus? I've not heard of it....

Hope to see you dine with me today sometime!! Happy Friday.

(Now I wanna play cribbage and dominoes with you...am I in?)

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cashews - MMMMMMMM! Love your feast! I've always wanted to fly in a copter but have never had the opporutnity. . .

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful main course:)

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's pretty cool that your County Fair would offer something like that. Was it expensive?

12:48 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Nice feast!

3:14 PM  
Blogger Sparky Duck said...

ok whats blokus, and dang, I totally forgot about pecans

4:28 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Great feast! Almonds, cashews and pecans are my favorites, too!

10:09 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yes, I flew in a chopper when I was in the Air Cadets :) Loved it!!!

My warmest coat/jacket is a camel color. Had it for 8 years now, still going strong.

My favourite rainy day activity is to make play dough with the kids and sculpt fun things. It used to be lay in bed all day and be naughty with my hubby, but wait, that's how I got my 4 kids now isn't it??? LOL

My hands are absolutely wrecked, the De-Bug we use at work kills them, and moisturiser just soaks into them in seconds. I have to use gloves for everything there at work.

Definitely cashews/almond mixed, cannot decide between the two.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent feast. :) I would love to play more Cribbage but most folks (including my Dad and Sis) are so fast at adding up their points that they grow frustrated with my incredibly slow adding and counting. Poor math = slow going.

You're so brave to have flown in a 'copter without doors. I'd love to try it but only with a pilot whom I know would be willing to ground her mighty fast if I freak out.

Mmmm...cashews. Almonds. Pecans. I think I'd cheat too.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home