Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Gobble, gobble!

What would Thanksgiving be without a few turkeys? These gobblers have graced our family dinner table for as long back as I can remember.

The two birds pictured below have earned a place in the holiday celebration although I am not quite sure when they arrived!
This is my favorite of all. We should have known that the creator of this beautiful bird would grow up to be an artist!
Well, it's Thanksgiving Eve and the sweet potato pies are in the oven. We've been counting our blessings and remembering things that have happened since this time last year. Lives have been joined in marriage, work situations have changed and new friends have shared our joys. Children have moved on to higher levels of education. Students have come and gone leaving indelible marks on the lives of those who work with them. Willi and I are grateful for the fullness of our lives and we hope your blessings are as many!

Happy Thanksgiving!

10 Comments:

Blogger SongBird said...

Love all your turkeys! Happy Thanksgiving!

10:34 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving! Love the turkeys. Was watching a few on ebay. I also have a pinecone turkey. I was slow today and only an hour ago got my pies out of the oven.I also made sweet potato pie. Turkeys of a feather flock together! Have a happy day.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Happy Thanksgiving and I look forward to more of your blogs. I'm going light this year...letting my grandaughter do the whole meal, her idea! For that I'm grateful!!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those amazing turkeys! (I happen to have supplies ready for all the kids to make some today!)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just came by to say Happy Thanksgiving

12:12 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

Happy Thanksgiving. It is a time of joy.

It is also better to see turkeys than to be one.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I love what someone did with the pine cone, LOL, that is great!! My kids and I decorate pine cones and put glitter and stuff on them for Christmas, they are lovely scented too arent they?

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving to you and yours

3:31 AM  
Blogger graymama said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and willi!

I just love the colorful feathers with a little turkey head :-)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home