Saturday, January 20, 2007

Saturday's Leftovers

Feed your mind
with thought-provoking,
mind-stimulating questions…

visit Friday's Feast:

a buffet for your brain.



Appetizer

Which television shows do you just refuse to miss?
There are no television shows I refuse to miss. The shows I enjoy watching are the original CSI, Criminal Minds and Numbers, and shows that are similar. I do not watch sitcoms or reality shows, so that pretty much narrows it down these days. If I know there is a good Austin City Limits, I would probably make a concerted effort to be front and center. Other than that, I'm not really tied to to the tv much. I will, however, be watching football this Sunday!

Soup
Who did you last speak to on the telephone?
The last person I spoke to on the phone was Willi. We try to coordinate our dinner after work but before getting home in case someone (usually Willi) has to make a stop. Last evening he called somewhere between work, Walgreens and the Smoke Shop.

Salad
How many pillows do you keep on your bed?
There are six pillows on our bed, except for at night time when it varies between five and six.

Main Course
Name one addition to your computer (software, hardware, etc.) that you'd love to have.
I'm pretty happy with the one I have. But now I kind of would like a laptop so I wouldn't be confined to this room when I want to puter. Well, it would be nice anyway.

Dessert
What is your favorite foreign food?
Well, to be honest, I cannot think of one that I favor over others. I like to eat and I'm generally not too picky. These days I tend to stay away from particular food ingredients that don't like me much, like red sauce. But other than that, bring it on!
__________________________________________

In a Nutshell

A place set aside to answer
201 autobiographical questions

from a mother for her daughter.

This may take awhile...
join us if you like.


6. This is how we usually ate dinner as a family: My mother was a stickler about this. On weekdays dinner would be ready to serve when my father walked in the back door from work. We always ate at the table, which was covered with a cloth. We took turns saying table grace which ended with "Bless the hands that prepared it". Meals were served from serving dishes which were passed around the table, even though we could have all reached them in the center of the table. There was usually a salad of some kind, the entree, bread and butter and some kind of dessert. Sometimes the salad and dessert would be one and the same, like Waldorf Salad.

We could not get up from the table without asking to be excused, which usually didn't happen until everyone was finished eating. We were expected to clean our plates because there were starving children someplace far away. I never really bought this idea. After all, if I didn't like rubber band steak, why would they? And if they wanted it, I would have been more than willing to oblige. Although I never shared that with my mom. Heaven forbid. There were a few memorable occasions when my brother or I sat solo with warm milk and cold food, but for the most part dinner was a happy time with great eats and a chance to talk about our day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember sitting at the table for hours in front of a plate of broccoli.

My parents still hadn't figured out just how willful I was.

I would have stayed there forever.

10:56 AM  
Blogger daddy d said...

TV is just there some of the time for me. I like to play with the remote more than watch any regular show. However, tomorrow it will be time to multi-task with the Bears and Period 4's chapter 3 test. Some chips will help grease the job.

9:46 PM  
Blogger graymama said...

My sister will be happy that the Bears are winning!

We have 5 pillows on our bed, too. Can there ever be too many pillows?!

Your In A Nutshell was the best part of the meal :-) Thanks for serving it up!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Maya's Granny said...

What is rubber band steak? It sounds like something my mother might have cooked.

I am enjoying reading your IAN post and doing mine. Things I hadn't thought about in years or hadn't realized until I found them appeaing on my monitor!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home