Thursday, August 31, 2006

New Tunes!

It has been a long week and it's not over yet. In fact it seems that this week had many more Mondays than it should have. Yesterday's work ended up being last night's work that caused a not too restful sleep and resulted in finally nodding off just minutes before the alarm sounded. The good news is that 320 some contract worksheets hit the buildings today, as promised and tomorrow is Friday! So it seemed really appropriate to get out of the house. We ended up at a burger joint for dinner and then happened on over to Borders to pick up the new Dylan cd. Not what I had planned, but it worked out really well for me. There is nothing that picks me up and moves me along like music. So here is what we came home with...

His choices:
Bob Dylan - Modern Times
Ramblin Jack Elliott - I Stand Alone

My choices:
Keb' Mo' - Suitcase
Dave Alvin - West of the West
Bruce Cockburn - Life Short Call Now
Sam Bush - Laps in Seven

I'm only four songs into Keb' Mo' and it's heaven. It sounds like he has come back to the good stuff that drew me to him in the first place. Ah, it doesn't get any better than this.

6 Comments:

Blogger debi said...

I have been reading some of your old posts and have found myself hunting for pen and paper to jot down all the amazing nuggets you have here.What a treat.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

It sounds like your week has been as busy as mine. I found myself driving around the county collecting equipment that other people should have supplied me with. I agree about the music thing. I was stressing in the car until I heard, "Mr Blue Sky" then I felt much better.

4:12 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I only recognize Dylan.

Since you have had a busy work week, I bet that you are looking forward to a relaxing and restful three-day weekend.

10:01 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

You are right, mjd, this three-day weekend is most welcome. It's now Sunday and there are still so many non-work things to enjoy!

Glad you both visited, debi and todemesne!

9:31 AM  
Blogger daddy d said...

Bob Dylan was older looking on a magazine I just saw. But then I remember him from my IU days ... oh I see why the years.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Howdy fellow Hog fan! Thanks for visiting my blog.

The only one on that list that I recognized was Dylan. But, I'm gonna check the others out too.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home