Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Great Answers!

Bravo to all of you for playing along; I had such a great time reading your guesses. Thanks for the fun! Here is the rest of the story...


#1. Me: "That's cool...wonder what that is?", as I take a picture. Willi knew what it was. Do you?




Maybe if there was a bike hooked up to this I would have caught on a little more quickly. Probably not. Then of course I got close enough to read the sign. Enough said about that.



#2. This had a life of it's own, and some pretty powerful sound effects. Have you
seen heard this before? I hadn't.



I know bathroom humor is really not politically correct. Butt, I had neither seen nor heard "chrome push button dual flush technology". Our fixtures here are over 50 years old, and original. I really do need to get out more often. Although I managed to surmise the intended use, I had no idea that the force and sound would resemble a rocket launch. Willi's reaction was "3... 2... 1... FIRE IN THE HOLE"!




#3. This was pretty cool...but I bet it's not what you think!
Give it a guess...






These wonderful characters are actually bourbon bottles and were part of an exhibition at Louisville Stoneware coinciding with a conference of the National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts. No wonder they use the acronym NCECA.

They also had a companion exhibit of shot glasses called "By the Ounce". Here was Willi's favorite.



#4. Sounds like a scary place, but what the heck is a fallover?
And if you are not responsible, who is?



Ah, Debi you sly one. You Googled! Me too - as soon as we got home; the curiosity was killing me. You are right...it is as sign on the wall outside the garage door of The Fox Den, Louisville's first and only drive-thru biker bar! I believe a fallover would be what happens when your bike tips over. I was nowhere near there when that happened.

11 Comments:

Blogger daddy d said...

Thanks for the answers. I never would have figured out those names. After the names are given of course they take on meaning.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

Thanks for all the answers. Those are all pretty cool.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Very interesting. I didn't guess any of them and I've even seen a toilet like that before.

11:49 PM  
Blogger katy said...

well now we know, thanks for that

2:42 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Wow, what an interesting post, great images.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

Neat-o.

6:08 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Cool...I never would have guessed number 3. I wonder if anyone drinks the booze in those special issue bottles. My parents had a bottle of Jim Beam that looked like a train.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What neat things! I knew what the commode was and that is about it. I am back from my blogging vacation and I have a new home. Be sure to start visiting with me again!

5:38 PM  
Blogger graymama said...

After reading your previous post, the bike rack was in one of my dreams. Buddy was crawling through it saying, "Whoosh through the tunnel." :-)

That sign reminds me of one Hubby and I saw at a biker bar in Sturgis, SD.

I like the bourbon bottle that looks like Medusa.

11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, wait until you see those new fangled potties that flush all by themselves!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great bunch of weird and wonderful photos. I much prefer the "fire in the hole" flushers rather than the motion activated ones that I am always paranoid of not actually flushing so I always go back to check.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home