Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Sheltered Life

Willi and I decided late Friday afternoon to take a road trip to Louisville and spend St. Patrick's Day with Tim Krekel. Luckily the folks at the doggie hotel complied and off we went. I have to admit that for two old farts the spontaneity was pretty impressive. At least I was impressed, although that probably doesn't count.

We found some neat stuff to keep us busy Saturday until showtime. I'll post some highlights a little later in the week. For now it's late Sunday (late for me anyway) and Monday will come all too early, so I'll leave you with these thoughts.

My mom used to say that I led a sheltered life; particularly at those "duh" moments I was prone to have. Well, I guess that so many odd years later I'm still having those "duh" moments.

Here are a few...

#1. Me: "That's cool...wonder what that is?", as I take a picture. Willi knew what it was. Do you?

#2. This had a life of it's own, and some pretty powerful sound effects. Have you seen heard this before? I hadn't.

#3. This was pretty cool...but I bet it's not what you think!
Give it a guess...

#4. Sounds like a scary place, but what the heck is a fallover?
And if you are not responsible, who is?

Stay tuned for the answers to these burning questions, and more. Actually they all made sense to me. Eventually.

12 Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Welcome home,
Scott Adams, creator of the comic strip Dilbert, says that we are all in"duh"viduals,and we cannot do much about it.

Here are my in"duh"vidual answers.

1. The sign says Thomas Merton so I say that springy thingy is a Trappist monk.
2. Actually, I think that I know this one...it is a toilet with a push-button flusher.
3.These are dressed up demons; note the horns and skull. No? Louisvillian dentists...note the teeth.
4. A fallover is like a layover meant catch meddlers. Okay, maybe not... Maybe a fallover is someone injured in gang warfare that is why there is warning about no colors, attitudes, concealed weapons, and burnouts.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Michael Colvin said...

Ooh a quiz!

1. A bicycle rack.
2. A push button flusher. I have these in my home. That one was easy peasy. :}

I have no clue about the others though.

1:31 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Okay,I'll give it a try.
#1. I agree,bike rack
#2.no clue
#3.Day of The Dead art
#4. sign at Hard Rock Cafe.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good trip and added a little creative fun to your lives!
1. looks like something that got its head broken off!
2. flush toilet, seen lots and heard lots of them.
3. The devil's dolls
4. Fallover? someone fainting? something related to gangs, or trouble makers.
This ought to be great-- tell us the real answers - quick

2:33 AM  
Blogger Maya's Granny said...

I've heard of popovers and pullovers and pushovers but not of fallovers.

I agree that #1 is a bike rack and #2 is a toilet flusher -- not sure about the others.

2:34 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I have "duh" moments all of the time. I insist it's because my mind has a more unique twist than other peoples', not because I don't have a clue.

1. I agree - bike rack.

2. I agree - toilet flusher.

3. The three billy goats gruff (obviously, I don't know.)

4. Something to do with gangs - like if there's a fight outside it might fallover the threshold into the building?

5:06 AM  
Blogger katy said...

1. me laughing my head off! - no ok bike rack.
2. toilet flush
3. meet my family!!
4. fallover - what i do when i am drunk!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

1. Is it an artsy bike rack?
2. No idea.
3. Are they TP holders?
4. Could a fallover be someone who's drunk? Possibly the sign to a bar?

2:32 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Oh *pout* I see I'm not the first with my answers. I should probably read before I comment huh? :)

2:34 PM  
Blogger debi said...

Number 4 is the sign outside of "The Fox Den" Louisvilles first and only drive thru biker bar! So thats where you went.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

That clever Debi figured out the sign all the way from New Mexico. How did she do that?

Another thought on #3.
These are three characters from Jim Henson's movie The Dark Crystal.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like everything has been answered excpet for number three. And I haven't a clue what they could be!f

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home