Sunday, February 04, 2007

WWC: Windy vs. Indy

Courtesy of Odd Mix, the words are Balance and Parallel. I'm a little early, but...

It's finally here, and boy has it been a long couple of weeks; especially if you are a Colts fan living in Northwest Indiana. Even before the playoffs, the possibility of a Bears/Colts Super Bowl had those of us who reside in The Region drawing sides. Because of the proximity to Chicago, the vast majority claim allegiance to the Bears. After all, we live and breathe Windy City sports in the newspapers and on television. Indianapolis, although only a few hours away, might as well be in some foreign land. Interestingly enough, politics in the Hoosier State draw similar boundaries. But that's another story.

Even our small, blended family has chosen sides. Willi, a Colts fan for many years, is opposite his kids, legitimate Chicago suburbanites. My own daughter and her husband also think the Monsters of the Midway will dominate in today's big game. Her dad, in Philadelphia, warns that the Bears will break her heart. Willi's mom, in Texas, is rooting for the Colts. I cannot lay true claim to either, being the fair-weather football fan that I am. Being a Hoosier at heart, and considering my reluctance to have much to do with Chicago or Illinois, I will put my money on Peyton. Besides, having lived with a Colts fan for these many years I know plenty about their ups and downs.

Truth be told, we would all pull for the Bears had the Colts not been in the game. In this neck of the woods, Colts and Bears fans have run along parallel lines this year all the way to the Super Bowl which makes it difficult to find the balance on a day like today!

10 Comments:

Blogger daddy d said...

Nice play with the words of balance and parallel.

The talk of the winner is done it is game time.

Go, Bears!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Living here in northwest Indiana has been delightful these past two weeks. Although I too am a fair weather fan, I have enjoyed the camaraderie of our two "hometown teams." I figure that we are on the winning side either way.

We are few minutes into the game, and Daddy D tells me the Bears have scored...Go Bears!!!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Did you buy that snack helmet? If so, pictures please, LOL.

Hey, my word verification is ohwtf..them is swear words, LOL.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jay said...

It's kinda funny that people in Indiana would be Bears fans OVER the Colts. But, I guess not when you think of all the St. Louis Cardinal fans in central and southern Illinois.

Best thing about this Super Bowl is we didn't have to worry about a team that most people hate winning. Like the Patriots. haha

9:39 PM  
Blogger Sarah Viola said...

The only Payton we cheer for is Walter. BOOYAH.

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun! Thanks for playing.

8:50 AM  
Blogger graymama said...

I am not a football fan, but I am a baseball and hockey fan. Hubby, Buddy and I live near Minneapolis and Chicago, but we will always be Cardinals and Blues fans.

I hope you enjoyed watching the game, especially the outcome :-)

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bwa ha ha ha! GREAT WWC and I love this post. :)

11:10 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Nicely done with the words. Although there were no football bets or fanfair on my end. I just can't get into the sport. But having the boys out of my hair for a night? Priceless! :)

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched part of the game...it's just hard to get excited when you aren't passionate about either team. And even the commericals stunk. Bleh.

At least you all won, in a way!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home