Sunday, January 28, 2007

Change is Good.

Right. This morning, after my Sunday visit with Opus, I wandered upstairs to add my thoughts to a "to be named later" post. I do this sometimes when an idea comes calling that I do not want to lose. For about the past month, or longer I guess, I have been getting hints from Blogger that they would really prefer I move on over to "The New Blogger". I pass right on by them and sign in the old and familiar way.

Today this was not to be the case. The EvilBloggerOverlord hijacked my Dashboard and literally moved it over. Not only that, it would not let me in unless I moved over with it. Boy, do I hate not being in control. I fumed about it awhile, then I got scared. What if I lost everything? The only way to find out was to commit the ultimate act of Blogger submission. I went on over to the dark side. After all, what else could I do? I could see my little piece of blogdom, but I couldn't get to it. You know, the old "You can't get there from here" line.

So, anyway, here we are. I haven't experimented with it very much. Maybe there will be some good stuff once I get into it. I did notice that the nice little pictures that accompanied the comments are gone and some now have an "anonymous" where a familiar name used to be. Don't like that much but we'll see what happens. It's not like I had a choice, here.

Pffft, as Tink would say.

Am I the only one that was left in "Old Blogger"?
---
And another thing. What in the hell is Bush thinking?

Today Willi and I stopped by Red Robin for a burger and as I looked over the top of my menu I saw a group of men in army fatigues eating lunch. There were about ten in all. They were varied in age; a couple looked like they might have been a little younger than me although most looked to be in their early to mid-twenties. One in particular didn't look old enough to drive. They had American flag patches on their shoulders. Some people went over and shook their hands. One lady took their picture with her little girl. It made my stomach ache. I hope they will not be in harm's way. I do not want to read about them in the paper or post their picture with a sad commentary. This really needs to stop.

Courtesy of Odd Mix, the words are Start and Again.

If all of the conditions are right in the morning...if we get up early enough and don't linger over the morning paper too long...Willi blesses my morning with his Mocha Latte creation. Don't let the Starbuck's travel cup fool you; that is how I get it to work. This is Willi's own recipe and handiwork - and a great Start to my day.

Today it snowed yet Again! Yipee! And I thought winter was going to pass us by! Hah!

Isn't this a cool looking plant? After reading about the Christmas Cactus in my last post, Daddy D sent this picture. The plant belonged to his mom's dad. It grows from a bulb. Pretty neat, huh? Thanks, Daddy D!

17 Comments:

Blogger debi said...

No, you are not alone my dear. I too am stuck in Old Blogland. I tried once to update( I never trust updates) well it told me thanks,we can't let you now try again later.It's like MSN always screwing me over to try to make me pay them. I already pay a server too much,I am not paying anyone else.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

OMG..I NEED one of them mocha creations NOW..pleeease send me one asap :)

Love that plant, it is so cool and unusual :)

2:05 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Gawilli,
This is very funny, the "EvilBloggerOverlord hijacked my Dashboard."

You and Willi had me fooled. I thought surely that the Mocha Latte Surprise was from a local coffee emporium. That Willi is a man of many talents.

I love your snow picture even the most avid haters of winter cannot deny the beauty of snow.

Now, if the EvilBloggerOverlord allows, I will publish this comment.

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nicely played! I particularly likes the snow shot, but the drink looked delicious.

My photos are up now, too.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

*Shakes head* They got you too... I've been hiding out for months. They almost had me with that full screen ad that claimed I was "old" and "uncool" (OK, that was implied)for not switching. But I'm determined to hang on until I'm the last one left. I don't really know why, other than to put it to the man. ;)

LOVE the plant and snow picture! I haven't played yet. I know... Old and uncool.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...that's not a drink, that's desert! My coffee with it's cinnamon just pales in comparison!

Sorry Blogger is bullying you around. I like the old version because I don't have to type in my name and website...it just does it.

4:08 PM  
Blogger daddy d said...

The whole blogger thing will work out, I am sure. The skills to win are there within you. I do no computer stuff with out help, most of the time.

Great snow picture. Now, that is winter as it should be in Northwest Indiana. Remember Jan. 1967. 11 days out of work with no makeup and pay too.

4:51 PM  
Blogger debi said...

How bout sharing with us the making of that incredible latte? I want one. I can smell it. YUM!

5:31 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Debi, I'm hoping Willi will post about his Latte expertise!

Cazzie, would love to send you one. There really good.

Mjd, I see that you have won favor with the EvilBloggerOverloard. That is a really good thing as we would not want to lose you in blogdom. And yes, Willi is a many of many talents!

Oddmix - on my way over now...

Tink - I would have held out forever...change is not one of my strong suits.

Daddy D! I remember that snowstorm! It was great. My dad came to get me at school on a payloader from the water company. Those were the days!

Susan! I've been blogger-whipped. I liked the old version, too. Oh, and cofee with cinnamon sounds delish!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there, I am new to your site; since you visited mine. I wanted to see yours. It's great! I loved the coffee and the winter secene! Come see my at my site again. All comments are helpful as I try to find my way with this new experience.

11:32 PM  
Blogger katy said...

welcome to blogger beta mmm i jumped before i was hijacked! its not too bad honest! great pics and we are waiting for Willi for his latte secret

8:08 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

I figured that over time they would force everyone to switch over to the "new and improved" version. I'm not sure it's all THAT improved, or even new for that matter.

Cool pictures.

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I jumped from Blogger not long after the whole beta thing got going. If I were smart, and waited like you did, I think I could have avoided frustration.

You are wise.

8:59 PM  
Blogger graymama said...

I am still an Old Blogger. I think changing would take the effort and time that I just don't typically have right now.

Thanks for the Opus link! I thought the only chance I would have to read it would be the comic books we keep in the bathroom.

We just got seriously dumped on again. The snow is absolutely beautiful, and I love how quiet it is, too.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

Hi, Gawilli: I love Opus, too. I read it every Sunday in the Washington Post website. It is snowing here, today. I thought we were going to have another snowless winter.

3:43 PM  
Blogger gawilli said...

Patsy! Glad you came by. Welcome to the blogging neighborhood!

Her Indoors - We are going to take some pics tomorrow morning for a post for Willi - recipe to come!

Jay - I don't see a lot of difference either, except the publishing time is greatly improved.

Marnie - you could be right. It was more than simple - I just had to "sign" the agreement and hit the switch. The rest was done. I have not experimented yet but I would like to see what the custom site is like. I may have to set up a fake site to play with it.

Graymama - we have been getting just a little bit of snow every day or so. I would like to be dumped on - at least once this season.

Betty - I would have thought you would be a fellow Opus reader! Kindred spirits!

8:22 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Beautiful snow picture! We are finally getting some snow in Arkansas...yipee!! We even got out of school 45 minutes early today.

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home